19.9.12

Gäubodenfest (drinking-fest) in Straubing, Germany



I love dressing up! Or maybe I should just say that I have no problem making a complete fool of myself. My entire family has zero inhibition when it comes to donning outrageous attire; and we are all talented at getting our friends to participate! Maybe it's because we just hate to "party" alone. After all, events really are more exciting when there are costumes to take pictures of! Like that one time (pictured above), when Chris and I went to a rodeo in Oregon and I made him wear a ridiculous jumping-salmon-shirt with a "sheriff" badge and leather vest. . . . 

Sexy, eh?!
Or, that time that I dressed up as the Octomom (remember her?!) for a work Halloween party. 

The first annual Pilgrims and Indian Thanksgiving. We were Pocahontas and John Smith!
And then there's the annual "Pilgrims and Indian Thanksgiving" dress up party where everyone has to come with food (or wine) and a costume for Thanksgiving dinner. It's really not politically correct AT ALL, but my family has a great time! Maybe it's just another excuse for my ridiculously talented photographer/brother (David James Visuals) to take pictures. . . 


























The second year of the "Pilgrims and Indian Thanksgiving" offered even more picture opportunities. I was an oversized, juicy turkey, my mom and dad were pilgrims, and naturally, Chris and my three brothers were four savage indians. The rest of our friends filled the house with lots of Indian-and-pilgrim-costume-cheer. I just laughed the whole time, and of course, bumped into everyone with my enormous turkey thighs. 

Lets just say . . . that it didn't take much convincing for me to drop 100 Euros on a Dirndl (German ladies outfit) for our friend, Reece's, 30th birthday party. I really thought it would take a little begging to get my husband into a pair of those thick, brown, leather overalls with a checkered shirt, but to my surprise, Chris jumped right on board with the birthday shenanigans. Before we even moved to Belgium, we made a pit stop to celebrate with our best friend Reece. Chris' Lederhosen was pretty expensive, but I just made him promise that we would get a lot of use out of our German outfits over the nest few years. If nothing else, they make awesome halloween costumes . . . and I love Chris in those tight, leather capris! 

I mean - how hot is he?! I could not stop laughing!
A lederhosen butt shot!
I got to party with these handsome fellows!
Don't judge - Chris and I matched!
Heading to the Gaubodenfest. We were not the only ones dressed up!
There were at least 4 of these huge drinking tents! It was wild!
I drank beer mixed with apple cider. Too much beer for me!

Prost! Cheers to Reece's 30th!
It was so lively and everyone was standing on the tables and dancing and clapping!
Best friends in awesome outfits!
Check out Reece's birthday bling!
Aaron, Reece and I at the end of the night. Happy Birthday REECE!!
This is the boys saying they had a wonderful birthday bash in Germany!

2 comments:

  1. The costumes are incredible; love your sense of fun Lana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Octomom might just be the best costume EVER! Hope you are enjoy Belgium!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message and like our little journal/blog! If you have specific questions, please email us at chrisandlana@gmail.com

Do you have a blog too? Tell us about it in your comment, and thanks for stopping by!

The McCoys